Campin Mom

Interesting and entertaining observations on my life, kids, husband, friends, job, cropping and our wonderful campsite.

Friday, March 02, 2007

It's Almost Time!

Well, I guess Spring is on it's way. It's absolutely beautiful outside, and my kids are out there playing. I'm getting so excited to go up to camp. I found that they made a website for our campgrounds. Up till now, they only had a page with directions and pricing and all that, all very boringly listed. Now they have a really cool site. If you want to check it out, click here.

We're all just getting so siked to go up there again. I can't tell you how much I've missed it. I know it'll be a little different this year with having to come back on Saturdays to go to work, but nothing I can't handle. I'm so happy with the way everything is working out. I feel like my whole outlook has changed around, and I can really look forward to things again.

Also, I'm really really hoping to be able to go here. I think things are looking like I might just be able to, if I have room mates, so for all my croppy friends out there (Jen, Patty, Dawn) I'm hoping we can pull this one off. It'll be so much fun.

Other than that, I'm just trying to summon the energy to start emptying out my house. We aren't moving or anything, it's just that we've officially passed our maximum capacity, and in order to be able to put anything away, and be in any way organized, we have to get rid of a bunch of stuff. I'm sure we'll be a lot more comfortable afterwards. I know I will be any way.

Oh, I do have some great news to report. R finally made it into the band at his school, and his teacher feels that if he keeps up the good work, he'll make All-City Band this year. It seems he finally crossed over the hump from where it's a pain to practice to where he enjoys it. So we're really proud of him and very excited too.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. I have to do some laundry and some other stuff before it's time to get ready for work. More soon...

4 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Things are really looking up for you. I checked out your campsite and it really looked great. I can see why you can't wait to get back to it.

    Congrats to R. He is really moving up in the world and I am proud to say I know that guy.

    Have fun cleaning out your stuff but you know what happens then...you fill it up again. That is just the way it is.

     
  • At 2:05 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Yeah, I'm proud of R too Alice. It seems that after a couple of sessions with Aunt Susan helping him with his lesson pieces, things suddenly got it and he's doing great.

    I know we'll fill it up again, but if we can fit in this house, at least for awhile before I have to do it again, I'll be happy.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't forget Freecycle is a great place to get rid of things you no longer need. They will be out of your attic or garage, continue to be used by someone with a need and best of all stay out of the landfill!! IDK if I can post a URL so I won't, but you can look on the WWWeb for FREECYCLE anD OTher ORGanizations for the environmentally minded. hehehe.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to see I'm not the only one who doesn't update his blog...

    ES

     

Post a Comment

<< Home