Campin Mom

Interesting and entertaining observations on my life, kids, husband, friends, job, cropping and our wonderful campsite.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Quick Post To Say I'm Still Alive

As the title suggests, this post will be brief, but it's been so long since I posted, I thought I'd better get something posted. Thanksgiving was nice, but after that, my mood sort of plummeted. My birthday was horrible, till G saved the day by surprising me with going out to dinner. I had an interview on Friday for an overnight stock position at a store nearby and it went really well. The store traditionally does two interviews, but I expect to be called for that either tomorrow or Tuesday, and then hopefully an offer will be forthcoming. I'm not thrilled by the idea of working all night, but the job itself sounds fun and I'm sure once I'm used to it, it'll be fine. Really it'll be nice to work in a store and not have to deal with customers, as the store will be closed when I'm there. I have to say I'm a bit sad at the prospect of how the new schedule will affect my time spent with G and the kids, but we have to do what we have to do. As the song from the old Christmas special goes, "Even a Miracle Needs a Hand".

Anyway, we put up the tree yesterday and I'm about to jump in the shower now and then I'm off to shop. With this job in the works, I feel really under the gun to get finished with the Christmas preparations before I start. I know the first two weeks will be the hardest, as I'll be getting used to the schedule, and after all, by the time that's over, Christmas will be over already. So, with that in mind, I guess I'd better go and get busy. The clock is ticking... More soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Glad to hear that you are still alive! I know it is sure hard to keep blogs updated during this season. Good luck with your new job - sounds a bit tricky but it also sounds like you have it all figured out. I am sure you can do whatever you need to do.

    Stay strong, enjoy the holidays, keep the bras out of the freezer and keep me posted. Tootles ~ J

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hey, it seems to me that my bra only ended up in the freezer when you were around. Since I have no plans to see you before the holidays, I guess I'm okay. Of course, if you wanted to get together, I could always just make sure I had an extra one handy. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home